Projects expected to help overcome current social problems or which explore innovative methods, new perspectives or novel lines of questioning crucial to the advancement of science are particularly deserving of promotion from the "Holcim Stiftung" viewpoint. Applicants are required:
- to have graduated from a university or equivalent institution of higher education (with a dissertation)
- to furnish proof of suitable qualifications (e.g. publications)
- not to be older than 35
to wish to pursue scientific teaching and research work with a view to acquiring a lecturer grade qualification or similar.
Grants are not awarded for:
- the financing of regular studies, an additional course of study, a dissertation or a postdoc posting
- projects solely for the pursuit of training in a new area (as opposed to further training in a field already established as a specialism of the candidate)
- attendance at congresses, symposia, etc.
- pure publication projects (printing costs)
- cost of material
Salaries for project members
The relevant documentation is to be sent to the Holcim Foundation or alternatively you can upload it directly to "Request for Stipend".
The "Holcim Stiftung" Board of Trustees normally meets twice a year to decide on the award of grants. Applications must be submitted by the end of April or the end of October, as appropriate. Application forms are available from the "Holcim Stiftung", CH-5113 Holderbank/Aargau, Switzerland.